Saturday 28 February 2009

Saturday 28th Feb - The 'day off'!

Today was billed as a 'day off' for the candidates - but clearly it was far from that - could possibly even go as far to say it has been the busiest day of campaigning!

There may have been a break from hustings but flyering and postering was the name of the game today! Supposedly supervision work was also going to be happening today but at the time of writing (21:10), I have currently read 3 pages - oops!

Following last night's hustings, the press released their next round of views on the St John's and Kings hustings. Bearing in mind I totally lost my trail of thought in the final 15 seconds of my speech, I was happy with the coverage in TCS, I could think of worse terms than 'genuine and endearing'!

I also agree with Varsity's analysis - they're right - I'm not a polished public speaker, I don't have the charismatic approach - there would be no point me pretending to - my comfort zone is not in the Union, or at hustings being 'grilled' - I will never be a loud voice in CUSU Council, but instead, what I have in abudance is the passion and background backed up by experience and continuing commitment to Access which would make me ideal for the job. In my opinion, when you visit a school - if the students can see you're slightly nervous, it makes you seem more human and shows to them that not every Cambridge student has the public speaking ability to be a leading politician!

Anyways - suppose I'd better do some law (for a change!) - tomorrow sees 5 hustings, including a live one on CUR 1350 in the afternoon - also have to fit in a Target Schools Committee somehow tomorrow - anyone got a way of stopping time? If so let me know asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment